Monday, 14 December 2015

Drafting and Planning: Practice With Stop Motion

To understand how stop motion works, I have been making practice videos using this technique. From this excercise, I have understood how many photos I'll need to fill a small amount of time. For example, in the video below, I used 76 photos which filled 12 seconds, and so when I do it for the real thing, I know to take a similar amount as I will need it to be about 10seconds long.


The video following my cats took 88 photos to do which totalled to 13 seconds.


To edit all the photo's together I used the youtube video creator and so the timings are not all accurate as it's very difficult to see the length of each. When doing stop motion for the real thing, I will be using MoviePlus and so will be able to put them together in a way that looks smoother as I will be able to type in the duration rather than use a slider. 

No comments:

Post a Comment