Sunday, 6 December 2015

Research Into Similar Products: Editing - Everything Everything

Now that I have come to the editing stage of my video I have been looking at ways in which I can make my footage look more interesting when pieced together. Everything Everything's video for 'Don't Try' is filled with inspiration.
The use of fades when showing the zooms from medium close up to close ups is something I quite enjoy and I can use when switching between the close ups of my two actors, in stead of or as well as the type of fade used in the 'Blackstar' video.



I also enjoy the use of mirroring in this video as it makes it more interesting to look at and offers different views of the same image. This is something I may also include in my video as I feel it could reflect the two different people and the two sets of emptions as being apart from each other, and so could bring a new meaning to some of my shots. The way it is only used for a second or so is quite useful as it means that the effect isn't overdone so still keeps it interesting.



No comments:

Post a Comment