Sunday, 13 December 2015

Research Into Similar Products: Stop Motion

After compiling all the footage I filmed this week, I have discovered that I have not filmed enough footage and so have spent the week thinking of more ideas. One idea that has crossed my mind is the use of stop motion. My favourite videos use this effect and I think it's very good at capturing expressions as well as nostalgia. The video for 'A Movie Script Ending' by Death Can For Cutie uses this and effectively out across the lovers sadness. 






The way in which it is used in the video 'Thirty Three' by The Smashing Pumpkins is another I quite enjoy. The technique gives the video a rather strange feeling which fits nicely with the concept of the track as well as the album on the whole. 





Therefore, due to the ways in which both these videos show a rather dramatic emotion, i know i can use this effect successfully and will attempt to do so. However I will not use it for my whole video.

No comments:

Post a Comment