As I am reshooting some scenes and filming additional scenes, I have been curious as to how I can make the portrayal of emotion more prominent. To do this I have looked at Lana Del Rey's video for 'Blue Jeans.'
A way in which emotion is shown in this video, quite obviously, is the mise en scene of Del Rey's facial expression. She paints a rather sad emotion on her face and is made obvious through the use of close ups throughout the video. This is something that I did not think of doing and so will consider doing more close ups when re-filming, therefore making my video more obviously emotional.
Also, the use of the black and white filter also adds a melancholy feel to the video as it makes it seem as though the relationship can only be one thing or another and so makes it sad in that way. It also makes it seem as though things have lost their brightness/happiness in this relationship and this could be an interpretation and idea that could be used in my own video as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment