Sunday, 3 January 2016

Research Into Similar Products: Lykke Li

As I am going to do some extra filming for my video, I have been looking at different videos for more ideas as to what I can include. Whilst looking I stumbled across Lykke Li's video for 'I Follow Rivers' which includes a few ideas I quite enjoy.
The first being the idea of using a tracking establishing shot. I like this as it's much more interesting than a still establishing shot and, in this video in particular, keeps the action going rather than stopping still completely. The way in which it fades into the next shot also keeps the action going. This is something I will definitely include in my own video as I can include this just before the tracking shot in which my actress touches the leaves in passing.



Towards the end of the video, there's a shot of the two characters in the video reuniting and the content is shown to be quite intimate. Both seem desperate to be close and together and this is something I could include in my own video - the idea of getting close together but nothing coming of it.




No comments:

Post a Comment