Saturday, 23 January 2016

Drafting and Planning: Editing

As I have began the editing process, there are a few things that I have chosen to do. I have decided to overlay one of the flashback clips over the top of the original footage. I have done this to match the lyric 'our flowers fading.' I have done this to show how the past romance between them is fading. 




I also used a cross fade to make the footage flash up on the screen. I did this to show the various times that they have left each other behind and create a little sadness. 


I like these ideas as they are interesting to watch. None of these ideas were planned either so this is extra satisfying. 

3 comments:

  1. This is too good!!! I love this so much cause it shows both happy and sad times in their relationship but the happier one is more subtle so its like its very distant and almost forgotten like they have faint memories of it. This is really clever and allows you to focus on both times and think about why they are so distant now and just emphasises their unhappiness in a rewlly pretty way which seems slightly ironic!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this effect you used; it really emphasises how sad it all is and I bet it really smoothly and softly moves the music video on without making it boring with so many straight cuts! :D great job Paige!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a really cool effect!! it's a nice way of flashing back as well as showing the contrast between how they were and how they are now. Totes emosh!

    ReplyDelete