I have been looking at my CD collection again for ideas on how the inner tray can look and how it can still be consistent with the rest of the album.
The first two CD's from my previous post (Pretty Hate Machine & Plans) both have black trays and so that could be an option for my own inner tray as there doesn't have to be a design. I could use a different colour rather than black also.
The inner tray used in Arcade Fire's 'Neon Bible' is quite interesting. It uses a series of different photographs in a reel type layout. It also adopts the colour scheme uses throughout the album design too. I really like this as it's interesting and give you various different things to look at.
The inner cover for The Cure's 'Pornography' album is one of my favourites and is an idea that I am considering adopting for my own. It features lyrics to two of the songs typed out in a typewriter style, on a red background which matches the colour scheme of the album design. I really like this idea as it reflects the importance of the lyrics to this album and is an interesting design.
Oasis use the same photo as the album cover for the inner tray of '(What's the Story) Morning Glory.' This is an idea I hadn't thought of before and is a cool way of keeping the album design consistent and simple.
No comments:
Post a Comment