Friday, 12 February 2016

Research Into Similar Products: Album Title & Album Covers

After looking at various different album covers, I have come to realise that the album title is not always included on the cover. Some album covers only feature the band name which could offer me a different approach for my album layout. 
Some of the most memorable albums do not feature the album name, and some do not even feature the band name, such as Joy Division's Unknown Pleasures. This gives full attention to the image featured on the cover which could add to the album covers memorability. 

There are also many albums that feature only the band name. Albums like Van Halen's 1984 is such an album. The cover is very well known and by only featuring the band name, it associates the memorable image with the band. 
 

However, Bombay Bicycle Club on their albums always include both album name and band name on their albums, so to keep to their philosophy, I will include both. 


To include both features on the album title, I could use a similar layout to that used by the Talking Heads in which they use blocks. I really like this layout as it offers a lot of attention for the main photo of the cover. 


No comments:

Post a Comment