Whilst putting my music video together, I have made some decisions on what effects I will use. I have used for two clips (so far) and effect called half and half greyscale, in which it creates a gloomy look. I have used this because it shows how, despite the fact they're together in the frame there's still sadness and tensions between the two.
I have also used a blue effect to show a similar feeling. I used this colour to make it more interesting to watch.
To make sure the blue is the same blue every time I use it, I have made a note of the specific data so I can get it right every time.
I have also used a simple black and white effect for the flashback shots to give it a nostalgic feel and to make it clear that it is actually the past and not the present.






I really love your use of effects. They half grey scale fits really well as it makes it seem like the couple are distant or bleak or bored somethingin that sense which cleverly contrasts with them holding onto each other! I also love the blue as it makes the scenes more unique and fits with the 'blue emotions' in your video. Good choice of effects and they look reslly pretty :)
ReplyDeleteI do love your use of effects, im just pondering whether the blue is too 'obvious' yet, if the audience sees the blue, for instance, it'd make them question how the characters are with each other- so in that way its great! I do like the blue in the image when they're lying on the blanket :3 soo cwuute but sad too! The half grey scale; I cant quite tell so could u upload how the shot would've been originally so we could see the difference a little better? But I do see a gloominess to them images suggesting something bitter-sweet or uncertain. How emotional! But ur vid will be marvellous anyway Paige, regardless of effects or not! There's such a spirit to the story ur telling thats so relatable and moves the audience to want to push the couple together and go 'GRRR!!! WHO CARES ABOUT THE PAST JUST KISS HER/HIM!' XD cant wait to see it in it's entirety!!!
ReplyDeleteThe effects are good and reflect the relationship however I feel the second picture (the blue) one doesn't really look proffesional enough
ReplyDelete