Sunday, 4 October 2015

Research Into Similar Products / Drafting and Planning: Album Title

I need to think of an album name for my digipak. To get inspiration, I have looked at the album titles Bombay Bicycle Club has used for their albums in the past as these are: 
  • I Had The Blues But I Shook Them Loose
  • Flaws
  • A Different Kind Of Fix
  • So Long, See You Tomorrow
These album names, minus the second one, are rather long and therefore, to fit the trend, I should also use a longer album title for my album.
For further insight into album names, I have looked at the similar artists page on Last FM to see what bands similar to Bombay Bicycle Club have named their albums.The first two artists to appear on this list were Lucy Rose and The Maccabees. The artist Lucy Rose was an artist that features on this list and her album names aren't as long as Bombay Bicycle Club's, but are still a decent length. These names are:
  • Like I Used To
  • Work It Out
The Maccabees have album titles of similar lengths: 
  • Colour It In
  • Wall Of Arms
  • Given To The Wild
  • Marks To Prove It
From this research I have realised that to fit into the Bombay Bicycle Club Ethos, I should have an album title that is around 3/4 words long. The name I have chosen is
The Truth About Nature 
as it is something that is quite ambiguous and I like the idea of using an album name that starts with 'the' as it makes it sound official. 

No comments:

Post a Comment