Wednesday, 14 October 2015

Research Into Similar Products:Sound In Music Videos

The convention of sound is often irrelevant when it comes to music videos. However various music videos use additional sound to add emphasis to their video and make it a bit more dramatic. However videos can still be effective without the use of additional sound as shown by Everything Everything for their video No Reptiles. The editing and effects on their own creates a very dramatic and serious feel to the video.
 


On the other hand, Lana Del Rey's video for Ride features a monologue at the beginning to add some context to the songs lyrics and make it seem more like a story. It adds a special importance to the song and what it represents and so the additional sound is really important for this reason. 



Furthermore, Ash use fighting noises at the start of their video for Kung Fu to compliment the theme of the song. Sound like this can be interesting for videos like this as the sound is relevant and adds a fun feeling to the song and video. 



Beastie Boys use sci-fi themed music at the start of their video for Intergalactic to create a movie-like effect and fits with the tone of the song itself, especially with the actual song title too. 



For my own music video, I don't think that I will include additional sound as I don't think that it would be appropriate for the emotion I want to achieve. However, it is something I can consider using as it could help me achieve a specific effect or feeling. 

No comments:

Post a Comment