First of all, in the opening shots you see a physical distance between the two through the use of a straight cut. This immediately makes the audience aware that they have been separated by something but are not sure by what at this moment in the video. I aim to put shots together in a similar way to this when editing my own video to show the physical distance between the two characters.
The low angle shot used below emphasises the importance of their happiness when they're together and the mise en scene of the characters facial expressions helps to show this. I had not considered using a low angle shot to show the characters happiness in my video but it is something I can now incorporate in my own video as I feel that it is very effective.
Facial expression plays a very important role in this video as a whole. The pain in the male characters face shows how deeply effected he is by whatever has taken them apart and I wish to show this sort of sadness and also guilt in my own video, so this could be good inspiration for the actors I get for my video.
There are several simple activities that the couple do when it flashes back in the video and these are simple things that I could include in my own video too, as they are usual everyday activities that people do together.
The video ends in a very similar way as to how I would like mine to end. The final shot is there her hands rubbing his in a reassuring way, showing how they've finally become one again in their own way. However for my own video I plan to show the two hands almost touching, further showing the distance.





No comments:
Post a Comment