Monday, 19 October 2015

Research Into Similar Products: Music Video - Alt J - Sense Of Mystery

Alt - J released a video for their track Breezeblocks which has become one of my favourite music videos. The video is in reverse and slow motion the whole time and so is quite mysterious to the viewer as it is difficult to tell who is in the wrong in the situation that has happened. I also plan to create a sense of mystery in my own video, but not in such a dramatic way as shown here, but from this, I have observed that the editing, particularly in this video, plays a very significant role in creating this mystery and so I should pay close attention when editing my own. This is quite relevant too as I plan to include some slow motion shots in my video, similar to those used in this video. 


The way in which the lighting is used in this video is quite significant too in terms of creating mystery. The lighting is very low key and has a blue tone to it and so adds a sense of gloom and makes the viewer realise that something terrible has happened. So the lighting used for this is parallel to the scenario. However for my own video, I plan to go against this idea and use natural lighting as the problems that occur pre-video to the couple are natural problems where as the problems projected in Breezeblocks are not something you see everyday, and therefore requires the dark tone to the video. 

The shots used are also important as there are many close ups on the characters faces and each time, shows some sort of distress or anger and so this is important as it makes the audience wonder what has happened to make these people so mad. I plan to adopt a similar approach to my own video, showing lots of shots of the actors faces to show the guilt and sadness in their faces to make the audience wonder what has happened between them. 



No comments:

Post a Comment