Saturday, 3 October 2015

Research Into Similar Products / Organisation: Costume

By looking at other videos I have been able to decide what I would like my actor/actress to wear in my video. For the male character, I quite like the idea of him wearing something simple like a jumper or cardigan as it's something everyday and normal. This would reflect how people have problems and troubles in everyday life - It's just normal. By looking at Radiohead's High and Dry video, I have seen the way in which all the band members are wearing simple clothes, like cardigans and jumpers, which fit nicely with the black and white effect to reflect the simplicity of it. Vampire Weekend's video for A-Punk also features the band wearing jumpers to create a quirky feel to the video so this serves a different purpose to that in the Radiohead video but are equally effective.



I would like my female character to wear a white lacy dress as it is again simple and plain. The dress would also signify a sort of innocence which would fit nicely with the story of my video as it would contradict the guilty looks and feelings portrayed. Wolf Alice's video for Fluffy see's Ellie wearing a dress and as the song is about her cat, it adds to the innocence of the song. Courtney Love also wears a white dress in the video for Violet and so are the little girls involved too. This costume gives the impression of innocence, which contrasts with the aggression of the song itself. A dress is very common and this would give it an everyday value just like the jumper or cardigan would. 



I plan to include a flashback in my video and I would like to have the actors wear clothes that are quite casual. From looking at Lucy Rose's video for Lines, I have been inspired to use the costume of a flannel shirt, vest and jeans for my actress as it is simple and nice. However, from watching the video for Don't You Find by Jamie T, I quite like the idea of using a skirt a t shirt which is simple and would also be a practical costume for my actress as it would be easier to change from a dress to skirt. Don't You Find has also been inspiring for the actor too as the simplicity of Jamie T's denim jacket and jeans is what I am looking for this flashback scene, but rather than have a shirt, just have a simple t shirt. 



No comments:

Post a Comment