The release of Bowie's new video for the track 'Blackstar' has offered me a world of inspiration for shot types - particularly tracking shots.
The first shot that caught my attention was the tracking shot used when the woman comes on screen. I am using a similar shot to this in my own video, however this is going much slower than I planned to do it. I like this much more as it sort of lingers on her as she moves, as if in no hurry to move forward and so I shall consider the pace when conducting my tracking shot.
I also plan to use a tracking shot in which the camera follows my actresses feet directly behind. However I have been worried about it looking too shakey or not being able to carry it out effectively. In Blackstar, it follows the womans feet but indirectly and so doing the shot this way could be a good alternative.
The way in which the camera tracks Bowie also has inspired me. The way in which the camera is moving away from him is something I really like and could try when doing close ups on the actors faces when opening the video.
Although this is to do with editing, this is something else I really enjoy. The way in which the shots of the two women fade in together looks really amazing and is something that I could do when putting the close ups of the two actors together to show how they were once close.
The way in which a low angle establishing shot is used in this video is something else that really stood out to me. This shot is quite unusual and interesting as it doesn't actually show very much. I really like this shot and will attempt to use it in my own video which could show someone walking off towards the side - similarly to how the scarecrows hips are moving in the shot.
No comments:
Post a Comment