Wednesday, 16 September 2015

Organisation: Effects

I have a couple of ideas for how I would like my music video to look in the end.
The first idea is to keep the video as monochrome as possible. I feel that this specific effect would fit the lyrics to the song that I have chosen (My God - Bombay Bicycle Club) as words such as 'fading', 'downwards' and 'quietly' would be complimented by a video with hushed colours and effects. Richard Ayoade's movie The Double has given me inspired me as he uses a monochromatic effect throughout the whole movie.

                                                                    










The other effect I was thinking of using was the one used in another Bombay Bicycle Club, Luna, as it focuses primarily on the colour blue throughout the video. I would like to use this effect but rather than focus on the colour blue, I would prefer to focus on the colour yellow. The reason I would use yellow is that yellow can connote happiness and sun just like what people may associate with God. However, the yellow can also represent decay and so would reflect the lyrics in the song itself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment