Friday, 25 September 2015

Research Into Similar Products: Branding

When an album is released, the designs of the cover, inner tray and back cover tend to have something similar about them that creates a sense of branding with the album. One example I have found of this is '(What's The Story) Morning Glory?' as all the components of the album have similar images. I like this design in particular because there is nothing to special about it; it's a very simple picture and is an image that we can see in everyday life whilst walking down the road. This album is extremely well-known so highlights the fact that an album design doesn't need to be too detailed to be famous. 
Front Cover
 Inner Tray
 Back Cover

Another album I found that follows this trend is 'Whatever People Say I Am That's What I'm Not' as all the components are of a man smoking a cigarette. I like this design in particular because of the black and white effect used throughout, and has inspired me to use a black and white for my own digipak. Although I could not find a photo for the inner cover of the album, the CD itself follows the same design as it features used cigarettes so it's very clear that each component is part of the same album.

 Front Cover  Back Cover
  CD


No comments:

Post a Comment