Saturday, 26 September 2015

Research Into Similar Products: Editing For Music Video

Although it is a pop music video, I find the editing in Taylor Swift's video for 'Wildest Dreams' very inspiring. The opening of the video features text that states the name of the song, director and singer herself. I like the idea of this because it makes it seem movie-like and also makes it clear who directed the video so you can search for his other works. The video also uses a slow motion effect at the start as well as a lot of fades. These effects are something I would like to include in my own video as I like how dramatic it looks and creates a slow pace. 



The video for Undertow by Warpaint uses a vignette effect at various points in the video. I like this effect as it gives a nostalgic feeling and this has inspired me for my own video as I think that it'd be a good way to show the past. 

No comments:

Post a Comment